Pages

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Mawage!

Bwought us togedah Febwuaweh!

If you haven’t seen Princess Bride, then you need to fix that…

because let’s face it, it’s pretty awesome...

This is a surprisingly difficult post to write. If you’re reading this, you’re probably at the very least a facebook friend and aware of my marriage back in February (or maybe you were there, I don’t know). On top of that, all the most significant stuff I want to share is probably too much, and all the less significant stuff is all cliched, so figuring out what to say is a bit tricky.


Also, there’s that whole “only been married 4 months” thing...

So I’ll leave it at this: you know how there is that question of whether or not this is the person you want to be with the rest of your life, and how/when you will ever know that about them? With Erin, that realization came because of a fight we had. I don’t remember what that fight was about or how we resolved it, but there was something about the way we communicated. I felt like there was nowhere else I wanted to be, despite how uncomfortable things were.

I have also come to realize there were two things I felt I could do with her that I didn’t feel with anyone else: 1) I could be a complete doofus and/or idiot, and 2) I could be really bad at things. I have no idea how weird or familiar these sound, but the fact that, no matter how silly I act, I will either be met with laughter or similarly goofy behavior is something that still amazes me. And when my ineptitude is met with patience and understanding, I feel more like I can be myself. I don’t feel like we’re perfect. I feel like we don’t need to be perfect.

So much lurve!

You don’t have to find “that one true love” or anything like that, in fact some people legitimately feel called to live a single life. Mad respect. My prayer for you is that you find a place where you can just be you--where you feel loved, alive, and ready to take on the world.

Peace and joy.

P.S. - Before the next post I’ll be giving a sermon, and I’m super nervous. I’ll definitely be posting about how it went, and I’ll probably give the outline as well. It’s about ageism, and the average age of the audience is probably 75. I’m not exaggerating either. Hopefully, God’s word is spoken and heard. We’ll see when we get there.

1 comment:

  1. God bless! You seem like a really neat dude, I stumbled upon your blog accidentally. Cool stuff!
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete